Thursday, July 21, 2011

we invest hope in what your boyfriend completely disagrees with

Threw on my headphones today at the coffee shop and amazing sounds have been reverberating in my eardrums for the last hour. The amazing sounds of Throw Me The Statue, that is (hence the lyrical title of this blog entry). They make my face go crazy.




They've also inspired a list of (2) Other Things That Make My Face Go Crazy. See below.


 Mitch and I were invited by friends Brian and Mary-Kate from Ornery Heron Farm to see this bluegrass slash rock n' roll band at South Perry Pizza last night and ended up following them over to The Swamp to see their second show of the evening. During the first show they played a cover of M.I.A.'s Paper Planes and the crowd went wild--or as wild as a crowd in a pizza restaurant could go anyhow. 



2. Fresh pasta.

Last time Mitch went home I wasn't able to go with but he brought back something so much better than flowers or chocolate. He brought artisian pasta from Pappardelles and Coho salmon. We had the Pacific Rim pasta blend and followed this recipe to make an Asian-style salad that went incredibly well with the salmon. Just recently we tried the Calypso blend (a little spicy but good) and next up is the Lavender fettucine. The pasta from Pappardelles inspired me to try making my own pasta for a dinner party we had a few weeks ago. It turned out all right but getting the dough thin enough was difficult and I've been on the lookout for a pasta maker ever since.









No comments: