Saturday, March 31, 2012

tierra de aventuras


We've been back in Spokane for a few days now and I just finished sorting through and editing photos from our trip to Spain. Now it's time for the fun part: recalling what happened and when and trying to fit it all into one (or a couple) blog posts. While I organize my thoughts and adventures I figured I would start by posting a few of my favorite pictures with the promise of more to come. One of the first things I did when I arrived in Barcelona was to get rid of my backpack at my hotel and wander down La Rambla. The hotel I stayed at the first night was at the very top of La Rambla so by the time I reached the end and found the Columbus statue it was turning dark and the quest for tapas just beginning. It felt appropriate that my first steps in Spain led me to the place Columbus disembarked after his adventures. 
In a way going to Spain might not have been a great idea--it made me remember how much I love traveling and I wanted to stay so much longer than a few weeks. Staying forever would have been fine, too. Then again, it just means next time we go we'll know where to get great tapas and larger glasses of beer (or white wine). 







No comments: